Monday, February 22, 2010

Girls Trip!!



Last week, my friend, Christy, invited Paisley and I to go on a girls' trip with her and her two little girls. Their family had a couple days planned to go up to Targhee skiing. Her husband ended up not being able to go, so Paisley and I benefited from his loss! :)

We left Monday afternoon to go up to the ski resort. That night we took the girls swimming. They have a heated pool and a hot tub. It is a fun time FREEZING in the cold air and then getting into warm water! The girls had so much fun! :)




I did get in the pool part, but not for long. I am a lover of HOT water and it just wasn't hot enough. I did, however, really enjoy the hot tub.

Right next to the hot tub was a HUGE mound of snow that they had piled up.



The girls decided it would be fun to go sit on it and then get back in. Paisley ended up sitting once for like 17 seconds. Brrr!!

That night we all hung out, watched movies, and ate way too many snacks. The girls went to sleep around 10 or so. Christy and I finally went to bed around midnight. But, as girls do, we stayed up talking a few hours longer. I don't know what time we went to sleep, but it was too late. We were definitely feeling it that morning when the girls got up around 7 a.m.!

I have never skiied in my life, and honestly don't really have a desire to start. So, Paisley and I just hung around the lodge while Christy and her girls skiied.

We got snacks from the cafeteria:




Paisley watched a movie while I read:



We got hot chocolate and watched the skiiers:




We kept busy. I helped a little with Christy's girls and bathroom breaks, etc. We all ate lunch together and then Christy's oldest daughter was so sweet to let Paisley use her skiis and boot and go try it out. So, Pailey got all geared up...



And hit the slopes: (Please forgive the poor quality of the photos!)





It was very nice that she got a private lesson from Christy for 45 minutes or so! She did really well. They have a "magic carpet" at the bottom of the beginner's hill to bring you back to the top. She loved that:




Of course there were times that she fell: (but with a smile!)



She got up:



And was off again!



Here she is at the end of her lesson, going all by herself.



She did so great! I was proud of her. She had so much fun and talked about it for quite a while later.

The girls were exhausted once we got to the car to go home. They all 3 slept most the way. (I wish I had taken a picture!)

What a fun, fun trip! I love to be able to get away for the night. I am so grateful to my mom and Dave's mom for helping us with Easton and Avery. I missed them. But, it is really a great experience to have so much alone time with one child. I know Paisley had the greatest time. (She told me that over and over.) And, I know that she felt special having me all to herself. I loved it. Thanks Christy!!

3 comments:

Bowler Family said...

That looks like so much fun!! I love having my babies, but I admit I'm looking forward to them being older and doing fun stuff like this with them!

Glad you all had a fun "GIRLS" night!!

Ryan and Heather said...

Looks like a fun trip! Cute pictures!

Erin Ellsworth said...

that looks like heaven! lynn just called and asked if we should go to Jackson this weekend, and after reading your post I really want to go get away!