On his actual birthday he woke up to a decorated room. (Okay, Dave and I did it late at night, so it isn't great. But, Easton sure enjoyed it!)
Then we had waffles for breakfast. (A BIG treat in our house. We usually eat cereal.)
And, then a few presesnts before school:
That night, Dave was able to get off early so that we could all go out for dinner. We took the kids to Red Robin. It was a really fun dinner. Especially because they came and sang to him. He loved that they yelled to the whole restaurant that he was having his 8th birthday.
We had been trying to decide what to do for his friend party this year. We have always taken him and his friends somewhere fun for the party in the past. We have done a indoor play place, go-carts, and swimming. This year we wanted to do something a little more low-key (and who am I kidding, something cheaper). They are starting to get a little old for musical chairs type games. So, Dave suggested we do a video game party. I loved the idea. Cheap, easy, and what all little boys love to do.
We made a little "arcade" in our family room. We had 3 T.V.s that had 3 different games systems hooked up. It worked out that there were 6 boys. So, 2 got to play on each TV. I would let them play 15 minutes or so and then they would switch to a different TV.
It turned out to be a great party. All the boys seemed to have a great time. Plus, Dave had to work through the whole party, so it was fairly easy for me to manage by myself. We had pizza and brownies...
And, of course, more presents...
Easton said it was the most fun birthday party he has had. (Of course, the one that was by far the cheapest was the favorite!) :)
Saturday night we had all of my family over for cake and ice cream. We also celebrated my little cousin, Jackson's, birthday that night as well.
We had 13 kids running and playing and a bunch of adults. Crazy, but so fun. I love when we can all get together and just talk and visit. Great, great times!
My mom and dad gave Easton a book of 3D pictures. It came with 3D glasses. It is a really cool book. But, I just had to add this picture of my dad's younger brother, Chad looking at the book...
Too funny!
We had such a fun week! I love birthdays!
5 comments:
What a fun birthday week!! Thank you omuch for inviting Dylan. I hope he was behaved. I always worry when he is at someone elses house. He had a great time!
You guys are such fun parents! That is a fun idea to decorate their rooms for their Birthdays!!
Looks like he had an Awesome 8th Birthday!
You guys are cute! You give me lots of fun ideas for when our kids have birthdays. Happy birthday Easton. !! Looks like he had such a fun party, and what a cute idea.
I love the idea of decorating the room!! Adelyn's 5th b-day is this saturday, maybe we will try that!!
fun traditions
Post a Comment