Like I said in my last post, it is an UNDERSTATEMENT that Dave and I are blessed with good friends and family!
This morning Dave's mom and dad and Uncle Dennis, visiting from Denver, came over to try to help us with our car problem. They saw that the battery was quite corroded and proceeded to clean that all up for me. Then Dennis and John took the van to Wal-mart for me and waited over an hour for them to put in a new battery. After an hour they still hadn't got the van in, so they called to have Dave's mom come pick them up. I was so thankful that it was in getting fixed, but was wondering how to work it into my schedule to go pick it up when it was done. I have to pick the kids up from school and then I have scouts at my house. Right after that I have to pick Dave up from work. So, my afternoon was pretty full.
Avery and I ran to the bank, (in our car) and when we got back and opened the garage, there was our van. Good as new! It starts right up now! Thank goodness all it needed was a new battery! And thank goodness for awesome in-laws that step right in to help us out whenever we need it! Thank you so much, John, Shirley, and Dennis! You guys really helped us so much today. We are very grateful!
I have complained about all the things that have broke in our house lately. But, even with all that, we truly are being taken care of and looked out for. When our microwave broke, we went to find a new one. I wanted one to match the rest of our appliances, but we couldn't afford to spend too much. The first store we went in, we saw an exact matching microwave, everything we wanted, on CLEARANCE!! We got it for way cheaper than I expected. I told Dave that when we saw it it was like a stream of light on it and angels singing HALLELUJAH! I couldn't believe what a great deal!
And, when our fridge in the garage died, Dave's mom happened to have an old one in her garage that she wanted to get rid of and gave it to us! We have been so spoiled with having a fridge in the garage. We love to keep our soda and extra stuff in it. So, we were extremely grateful that we were able to replace it! And, Dave's brother gave us a new computer...the blessings never end!
So, especially this week of the year, I am able to really recognize how blessed our little family is. Just when all of these not fun things are happening to us, family steps in and helps us out so much! Thank you, everyone! We love you!
1 comment:
I was such a lousy friend...I totally forgot about your car problem until after you dropped off Rece. I should have called to see if you needed me to pick the kids up from school. Sorry! But I am glad you got it fixed so quick and that it was a relatively small problem. Isn't it great when you can still see how blessed you are even when things go wrong?
Post a Comment