Dave's dad and Uncle Dennis were in town. So, Dave's family got together just about every day that they were here. We all went out to dinner one night, we hung out and played games one night, we just had fun.
On Thanksgiving, we went to Dave's brother's house. We had a great time. This is the only time that I got pictures the whole week. I am sad about that. But, here is what was happening before the big feast.
Paisley was sooo happy to be able to draw and do some art projects.
Avery played with Josie and Braylee.
Dave did what he loves to do on Thanksgiving...watch football and NAP!! :)
Dave's brothers, Drew being shy, and Dan...never shy! :)
Dennis, oh how we all love Uncle Dennis!
The love birds! :) Hee hee!
Avery cuddling with Uncle Dan.
My only picture of Easton...he was super busy with the cousins!
Ride 'em cowgirl!
Dinner was so yummy! It was a big feast...more than we could have all eaten in two sittings. It was nice to go around the table and share with each other what we were thankful for. It was so nice to just eat and visit. There was tons of pie afterwards and somehow we found the room to eat quite a few pies!
Friday morning, my sister-in-law picked me up at 2:30 a.m., no that is now a typo, 2:30 a.m. to begin shopping. We hit Toys R Us and then on to the mall. At one point, I was soooo tired, that I sat in a chair in the middle of the mall to wait for my sister-in-law who was still going strong. Before I knew it she was waking me up. Yep, fell sound asleep in the middle of a crowded mall. I don't usually do things like that! :) We went to breakfast and then were home by a little after 8 a.m. I did manage to get about 3 hours of sleep in before we headed back to Dave's parents' house for more festivities.
That night we took the kids to see the Christmas Carol in 3D.

It was okay. I wouldn't say that it is really a kids movie. It was quite a bit more scary than I imagined it would be. But, for the most part, the kids enjoyed it and it was way fun to see it is 3D!
I am so thankful for this time of year. I love the excitement of the holidays and the family get togethers. I so missed being with my family this year. But, I am grateful that Dave has such a wonderful family to be with. We always have so much fun together!
1 comment:
It was a way fun week, it was fun to see you guys and get to hang out!
Post a Comment