Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Game Night!

Sunday night Dave and I were really not in the mood to do a whole lot. We had had a busy Halloween weekend and neither one of us felt too hot. But, we were feeling well enough to play some games with the kids. So, we got out Talking Battleship and played a nail biting game of boys vs. girls. It was neck and neck the whole time. When both teams had sunk 4 out of 5 ships, it was just a race to find the last ship. Paisley and I shot and missed...and to our great fortune...Easton said to Dave, "just barely" meaning we had been CLOSE! That was all the girls needed. We were able to keep shooting in that area, found their last ship, and SUNK! Girls win! (with a bit of help from the boys.) What a fun time! :)

So, on to game #2. We thought we had better play one that even Avery could help with. So, we played Cootie! ;)



Avery and I were a team. It was pretty fun.



A little drama filled as certain kids, who we shall not name, but a boy child, :) would cry and be sad because he wasn't getting the number on the dice he needed. A certain baby girl would also cry when we wouldn't let her grab a leg every time she wanted. But, Avery and I won the first game.

The sad thing about this picture, is it is not staged AT ALL! Dave is really THAT excited!

Then, Dave decided he loved that game so much that we had to "Play Again!!" I wasn't so excited, as we had a bunch of drama the first game.


So, we played again. This time with a little less tears. Easton won.


An example of the drama!


All in all, drama and everything, it was a great evening. The kids and I don't get to spend very much time at all with Dave during the week. And, our weekends end up being so crazy, that we don't get a lot of just "hang out as a family" time lately. So, I think everyone enjoyed very much sitting around the table, playing games, laughing, (crying), and eating TOO much Halloween candy. What a great time as a family!

2 comments:

Ryan and Heather said...

How fun! I love family game night!

Bean said...

Staying at home playing games with the kids has to be the best night ever!!! Glad that you still had the drama though, it wouldn't be a fun night without it!!!
Thanks Jamie for everything you've done to help my family out!!!