Thursday, October 13, 2011

Quaid is here!!!!

He is here! Our 4th and last child has arrived. He is healthy and absolutely PERFECT! We couldn't be happier right now!

I had a scheduled c-section on Friday, October 7th, 2011. He was born with no complications at 12:41 p.m. He weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and was 21 inches long. So, he is our lightest and longest baby! He sure cried a lot when he came out. It was one of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard. I was so happy and relieved to hear him and know that he had arrived healthy and strong!






My mom was able to be in the delivery room with us. She has been there for all of our kids. I know that she cherishes the experience! My dad was in my room waiting for us when they finished with the surgery. Dave's parents were to the room within about 20 minutes. I am so grateful for our parents who are so supportive of Dave and I.






We had a lot of visitors come up to meet our little guy. We, unfortunately did not get pictures of everyone who visited. That was my goal, but I actually got only a few. Here are some of our family who came:


My brother and sister-in-law, Andrew and Stephanie, and their son, Haiden


My grandpa and grandma Johnson, Quaid's great-grandparents


My Uncle Chad and Aunt Debbie


My dad


My mom


Dave's mom and dad

Among those who visited who we didn't get photos of were: Dave's brother and his wife, Brandon and Erin, my sister-in-law, Jackie's sweet mom, Lori, our good friends, Mike and Kalli, my sweet relief society president, 6 of my greatest friends, Penny, Shari, Kara, Christy, Angie, and Teresa, my cousin, Chelsea, and Dave's sister, Tammy and her son, James. It was so awesome to have visitors come up to the hospital. It gets a little boring in there and I was always happy for a friendly face to walk through the door!

My mom stayed up at the hospital almost the whole time which was so nice. She stayed Friday and Saturday night with me since Dave needed to be at home with our other kids. I was so grateful to have her company and help.

It was so wonderful to see Easton, Paisley, and Avery come into the room and meet their little brother for the first time. They had been anticipating his arrival as much as Dave and I. It has been such a fun experience for the whole family!








The child that I have been most surprised at is Easton. I knew he was super excited to have a brother finally. But, he just hasn't been able to get enough of him! The second night we were there, my mom took the kids for the evening so that Dave and I could be up at the hospital together. On the way home, Easton started crying silent tears. When my mom asked him why, he said that he really missed Quaid. He didn't feel any better by the time he got home, so my mom called and explained the situation. Dave decided he had better go get him and let him spend quality time with his brother. It was very neat to see Easton hold Quaid. When he got up to the hospital that night and sat to hold him, he again got all choked up. It brought tears to my eyes. I asked him what made him so emotional. He didn't really answer. I asked, "Is it because you love Quaid so much?" He said yes. I am thrilled that he loves his baby brother so much. It is going to be awesome to watch their relationship develop.




My mom took pictures of Quaid as he got his first bath from the nurse in the hospital. The first of the three following pictures shows him with his hands all up around his face. We have decided that he must have had his hands by his face a lot in the womb because that is where he always wants them. He doesn't really like to be swaddled because of that. He always squirms enough to get his hands free and near his face! :)





I spent three days in the hospital. It was so nice to be able to just focus on Quaid and hold him and love him. It really is a love at first sight experience that is hard to explain.






Here are a couple pictures that we took on the day he came home:





It was so fun to finally have him in our home. He brings such a sweet spirit of peace. None of us can get enough of him. He is almost always being held by someone. He is definitely going to be spoiled! We just can't help ourselves.




Avery and I gave him his first bath at home. Here are a couple pictures:






Quaid is 6 days old today. I feel as if I have known him for much, much longer than that. He truly is the perfect baby.

A few random comments about Quaid:

He hardly cries. He has a sweet fussing sound that he uses when he is hungry or unhappy. He really doesn't like to be undressed or have his diaper changed. That is about the only time that he really cries. He is very easily soothed. He is a super cuddly baby. I LOVE to just hold him on my chest and rest my chin on his head. He smells SO good. He has dark blue eyes that I am really crossing my fingers turn to brown. He has already smiled a few times, and not just in his sleep, and it is BEAUTIFUL. He has the cutest little ears. He sleeps so much that we all practically celebrate when he is awake. He loves to be held and often wakes up when he is laid down. He has only woke up one time during each night to be fed. I truly only lost about 45 minutes of sleep each night! It is awesome!!

I am so in love with this little boy. I am eternally grateful that we made the decision to have one more child. He has brought us so much happiness in the last 6 days. We know that this is our last baby. I am content with that. But, at the same time, I am savoring every second with him. Each day goes by too fast. I am really trying to enjoy each moment and cherish his every move.

We are truly blessed.

4 comments:

Bowler Family said...

Aww that is so sweet about Easton...I cried while I was reading it! I am so happy for your family!! He is so sweet!!!!

Melissa Bitton said...

He definately looks like a member of your family! How sweet & congratulations.

Ps...LOVE that Paisley's hair is adorable...even with a new baby in the house. You are too perfect!

Ryan and Heather said...

He is super sweet Jamie! You have a beautiful family!

Christy said...

He is so cute!! I am so glad that everything went so well.