Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday, Paisley!!



Paisley turns 8 years old today! Wow! Where did the time go? I vividly remember this day 8 years ago and the joy I felt holding my first daughter in my arms. She was such a beautiful baby and had such a sweet personality from day one. She has been such a wonderful joy in our home ever since. There just isn't another person that is like Paisley. She is truly one of a kind!

I want to try to describe what she is like now, at 8 years old.



Paisley is very outgoing, which I love. (Totally different from my own personality.) It seems that nothing scares her. She is almost always very calm and confident going into a new situation or meeting new people. She is always willing and ready to make a new friend wherever we go. Easton, being a lot more shy and reserved, really leans on her. She leads the way for the two of them when they enter new situations.



Paisley is such a great big sister. She is really like Avery's second mom. I can really depend on her to help me keep an eye on Avery when they are outside or we are in public. Avery looks up to her so much. She is always willing to read to Avery or play with her. I am soooo grateful that they are such good friends already. I never had a sister, so their relationship is very important to me. I am so happy to see the bond that they are already making with each other. Paisley really loves Avery and worries about her. One day we were at a park with lots of other children. I guess that some of the girls Avery's age were leaving her out and that Avery was sad about this. Paisley came over to me with tears in her eyes because she felt so sorry for Avery. I am so grateful that Paisley has such a large spot in her heart for her sister.





Paisley is VERY girly. She likes to say lately that she isn't and tries to act sometimes like she is a bit boyish. But, she is girly-girl through and through, and always has been. Lately she has become very into fashion. She is very conscious of what she is wearing and how she appears. She loves make-up and hair accessories. She loves, loves, loves to do her nails or anyone else's nails. She loves to experiment with the nail polish, painting stripes or polka dots. She loves glittery and sparkly things.



Paisley is a great student. She loves school, both for learning and for social reasons. She is extremely bright. She is very mature for her age. Her first grade teacher told us that there were times when the teacher was reading a story to the children, that Paisley would be the only one to "get" some of the funny parts and be the only one to laugh. I really think her mind and spirit are years ahead of her body! :) She is usually always very willing to do her homework and reading. She receives great grades. Her teachers have often times have her help struggling students with their work.



Paisley is very ambitious. She has many goals for her life. Her latest ambition is to someday open a massage parlor/nail salon. This is no joke for her. She has made a whole folder full of her plans. She has drawn the layout of the building, including the colors she will decorate it. She has lined up employees. She knows that she will be serving refreshments and what they will be. She has a price list all written out. She is very serious about this business adventure. She also has mentioned wanting to be an actress, a rock star, and a mother when she grows up. :)



Paisley is more than my daughter. She is one of my very best friends. I can confide in her at times. She is always there for me. She can tell when I am having a down day and is always very quick with a compliment and kind words. She is such a huge help to me. I know that when I need help with something that I can ask her and she will do it. Like I said before, she has a wise soul and is very mature for her age. I love being able to communicate with her on a mature level. I love the one on one conversations we get to have. She is such a bright light in my life. She is so needed in our family. I don't know what I ever did before she was in my life!



I love you, Paisley girl. You are very inspiring to me. I want to become more like you in many ways. I am a bit sad that you are already 8, it has gone much TOO fast! But, I also look forward to the upcoming years with you. I can't wait to watch you enjoy the experiences that life will hold for you. I am excited to become better and better friends as you become a young woman. Thank you for all that you are to me and our family. I love you. Happy 8th Birthday!

No comments: