Tuesday, December 14, 2010

St. George

Every year for the past about 6 years, Dave and I head to St. George the first weekend in December. We leave the kids with our parents and go for a weekend getaway by ourselves. I love it because it is a stress-free weekend before the craziness of December really sets in.

The reason that we go is for softball. Those of you who know Dave are not surprised by this. He has a love affair with baseball. Since he can no longer play baseball, he plays softball and LOVES every minute. Every 1st weekend in December, St. George puts on a huge softball tournament. They had over 80 teams participate this year. Part of the dues for the tournament is that every player has to bring a $10 toy to be donated to needy children for Christmas. If you figure every team has to have at least 10 players, that is more than 800 toys that get donated! I think that is awesome!

Anyway, this year was no exeption. Dave and I went to St. George with some good friends. We had a really great weekend. Dave's team won their 1st two games and lost their 2nd two. They played well together and had a lot of fun.

Here are the only pictures that I took, unfortuntely. Please forgive the crazy poses of Dave and his buddy, Josh. They have just a LITTLE too much fun together. Lucky me got to be with them for 3 days straight! :)




Thank you to my mom, Dave's parents, and Dave's sister and brother-in-law, and our sister-in-law who took great care of our kids. We are so so so grateful for our family who helps us to get away by ourselves once in a while.

No comments: