Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So busy...

I have not blogged in quite a while, too long for sure. But, it has been crazy here. Lots going on. But, this is a momentous post because it is post #200 for me. Crazy! But, sad. I used to be so much better at updating. :(

Paisley has been in soccer and she has been busy with practices and games. But, the bad thing about spring soccer in Idaho is that the weather is usually not good for being outside. They have missed several practices due to bad weather. But, she does really well and enjoys soccer quite a bit. It is fun to watch her. She thought she would love to be the goalie. But, when she finally had the opportunity, she didn't like it. It was much too slow and boring of a position for her. She likes to be right in the middle of the action. She is pretty aggressive and does a great job.

Easton is playing his 3rd season of flag football. Dave is the assistant coach and he really enjoys it. Easton is so much fun to watch. He doesn't have a lot of size but he sure is fast. He is definitely one of the fastest on the team and has pulled a lot of the opposite team's flags. He carries the ball well, also. Last Saturday, he made 2 touchdowns which were the only ones his team had that game. This last Monday, they passed him the ball and he caught it and ran it for a 2 point conversion. (I hope that's the right term. It is embarrassing that Easton knows SO much more than me about football.) But, I am such a proud mom when I watch him play. This season has been a lot of fun for all of us.

We have been really worried about some loved ones lately. Dave's dad had a really bad fall at work a couple weeks ago and since has had to have 2 very serious back surgeries. He spent many days in the ICU. Just a couple days ago he was finally able to leave the ICU and begin therapy. We are so relieved that he is doing so much better. Last weekend, Dave and I went to Washington for the weekend to be with his parents. It was a long, yet quick trip. Thank you to all who helped with our kids. It was so so so appreciated. It was very nice to spend time with Dave's mom and dad. We saw a lot of improvement in his health while we were there and that was very comforting.

At the same time as all of Dave's dad's health concerns, my good friend, Kara, has had some serious health issues. (See her blog about her struggles here.) I have been so concerned about her and her family.

It has been such an eye opening and humbling couple weeks for me. I am learning not to take my good life for granted. I get bogged down with the weight of my own trials. But, then I see the lives of people who I love turned upside down instantly. I am so grateful for my own relatively small concerns. I am so much more grateful for my own health and the health of my small family. I am so grateful that Dave has a steady job and that we have a home. Really, what else do we need? Yet, there are days when I feel burdened down completely. But, as the last couple weeks' events have unfolded, my eyes have been opened to my blessings. I am grateful for that.

So, I have no pictures to post. We have been bad about that lately. But, so much has happened that I had to blog about a small portion of it. Please remember my father-in-law and my dear friend in your prayers. I appreciate it so much.

1 comment:

Andrew and Steph said...

You need to email me the kid's schedules so we can come watch them. If you emailed it to Andrew that's why I don't know about it ;) Again I'm glad you were able to take the trip up to Washington. I didn't get to tell ya that the kids were great while you were gone!