Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We all want to be rockstars when we "grow up"

A week ago we had a little bbq with my two brothers and their families. It was a lot of fun! I hadn't seen Andrew since May because he had been in Florida all summer. So, it was extra nice to visit with him.

After dinner, we hung out and talked. Then, we got roped into playing duck, duck, goose by the kids. That actually turned out being pretty fun with all of us playing. Somehow, we started saying different things other than duck and goose. We were doing names of male and female animals (bull and cow, hen and rooster, etc.) So, it became a competition mostly between my brothers of who could come up with the most combinations. The kids just loved that we were playing their game! I wish had pictures of it all!

After we ran out of combinations, we decided to play a little Rock Band. Andrew, Steph, Dave, and I used to play Rock Band quite a bit together when the kids went to bed. We formed our own band and we each have our own characters. Dave likes to bug us with making the nastiest character ever! Steph plays the drums, Dave is bass, Andrew and I switch off on vocals and guitar. It is a lot of fun. We have all gotten quite good, actually! :) Anyway, that night the kids were bugging us to play. So we let them each play an instrument in a song, with a little help. They loved it!


Dave helped Easton with the guitar


Paisley sang/held the microphone so talented Andrew could play and sing



Avery played the drums with Steph

It was so cute that I had to run upstairs for the camera to snap a few pictures!

Thanks for the fun night, everyone!

3 comments:

Jason, Sheri, Triton and Quinn said...

Holy bald Andrew! He is still a cutie to me though.

Red Head Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun-party at your house next!

Ryan and Heather said...

I've never played, but it looks like a lot of fun!