Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finally...NICE weather...(for now, anyway!)

We have had some BEAUTIFUL days the last several days. It has been like 76 degrees some of the days. The kids and I have loved EVERY minute!

About 4 years ago, when we lived in our old house, my mom and dad bought our kids a swing set. They loved playing on it. Then, we sold the house and lived with Dave's parents for about 3 weeks before ours was done. We took the swingset to Dave's parents and meant to bring it with us to our new house with the moving van. We forgot. And since then our little swing set has been over at his parents' house. It has still gotten a lot of use from all the grandkids, but our kids have missed it. Finally, on Sunday night, Dave's brother was nice enough to load it in his pickup and bring it over here.



The kids have played with it a ton since then. They are so happy to have it back. Avery has loved going down the slide and swinging. Yea for one more thing to keep them busy outside!! :)

Last night was Easton's first soccer game. He was supposed to have one last Tuesday, but due to the SNOW it was canceled. Last night was so nice and warm and perfect for a soccer game! We got to the field a little early and so I let the kids play on the toys for a bit.




Easton had a lot of fun playing his game.



Before the game, I told him to not be afraid to go after the ball. He told me, "I'm never afraid to go after the ball!" Which is true for the most part. Easton is pretty aggressive, always has been, and it is to his advantage in sports. He got several good kicks in last night and did a great job.



The last 10 minutes of the game he got to be the goalie. He really enjoyed that!!



It is so much fun to watch our kids participate in sports. Easton is quite a good little athlete and tries hard in every sport he has played. I look forward to many more years of being a mom in the stands! ;)

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

I think you spoke to soon about the weather. Today it is cold and a little overcast! Where did our wonderful weather go. I forgot how much the wind blows in Idaho. Now I remember.

I bet it's so nice to have your swing set back. Kamden is sitting here and asking me what his cousins are doing. He says "Oh ma my cousin play soccer." Pretty cute.