Sunday, April 5, 2009

4 a.m. ...are you kidding me?

Well, we did succeed in having a pretty low key weekend. Friday night was quiet, just the kids and I at home. Dave and I watched a movie when he got home.

Saturday morning we slept in a bit and then hurried to get ready before conference started. The kids and I watched the first session. They did pretty well. (Dave was cleaning the garage, but listened to it on the radio.) My friend, Haley, had sent us a Conference packet for the kids on my email. It had all kinds of activities for them to do during conference. They had to write down the speakers, color the ties they wore, write the names of the songs that the choir sang, etc. It really did keep them busy most of the time.

After the first session we went to Geraldine's for lunch. Avery for some reason was SOOOO cranky. We got her a bowl of soup, she doesn't eat sandwiches too well. But, it was hot and I didn't want her to make a total mess with it. So, I fed her. But, she wasn't having that. She did not want me to feed her, but she FOR SURE did not want Dave to feed her. She wanted to do it herself. And, she wanted the bowl right in front of her. Anyway, finally, finally, after some major tantrums, she let me feed her. I swear, I had visions of myself leaving her there in the restaurant! :) No kidding! But, I decided I had better not do that and I took her with us. :)

That evening, Dave went to the Priesthood session. Afterwards, our friends, Trevor and Krista, came over to play games. We played games until about 12:30 a.m. Then, we just sat around the kitchen table talking and the next thing we knew it was 3:15! So, we walked them to the door and ended up talking there for another half hour. By the time we got in bed it was 4 a.m.!! Dave and I are getting old :) and we have not been up that late in YEARS! I knew the next day was going to be rough. But, we had so much fun talking and playing games that it made it worth it. ;)

Sunday morning the kids got up at 7:30. So, yea, we had gotten 3 1/2 hours sleep by then. Easton and Paisley are good about going downstairs and playing quietly until breakfast. Avery can not get out of her room, so she just played also. But, I didn't hear Avery up until about 8:30. Dave got up about 9 or 9:15 and let me sleep a while longer. When I got up, he had waffles and bacon going! That was sooo nice of him. We were definately dragging! But, as the day went on and we woke up a bit more, it wasn't too bad. We both got in afternoon naps while Avery napped. We will definately be going to bed a little earlier tonight.

It is funny how when we were teenagers or dating after his mission, we would stay up really late and not be affected too much. When you are 30, you don't snap back quite as easy! :) There is a big difference now, also, that we have kids. Back then, if we were tired, we slept. Now, we don't have that option readily available to us. I think we will be "catching up" for another couple days!

It was a fun night, though!

And, it FINALLY was a warm day today! We took the kids our between sessions and let them ride bikes and play. Dave raised Easton and Paisley's seats on their bikes and filled the tires and got them all set for the summer. Avery loves playing on her new tricycle we got her for her birthday, and Paisley's old 3-wheeled scooter. It was so beautiful outside. I just soaked it up!

We went out into the backyard today and tried to decide exactly where and how we were going to do our garden. I am really excited about the upcoming garden project for our family. We have been told to plant gardens and we are finally going to do it. I am a little overwhelmed because I don't know anything about gardening. But, through trial and error and some advice from others, I am sure it will be fine. The kids are excited about helping us with that. (I hope that excitement keeps up when they are out there weeding during the summer!)

Yea, my tiredness is kind of hitting me now. I think I may go to bed...

1 comment:

Melissa Bitton said...

I wish I lived by you, I would totally play games til 3 in the morning. I'd have to be carried home though, because I turn into a zombie after midnight. :)

I don't know how to garden either and our plan is to get one going this year too. I'm not sure if that is really going to happen, but you let me know how yours goes. I'm scared! It seems like so much pressure!