We happened to find a pure wood dresser on Craigslist for $25! We immediately called the guy and he told us to come the next night at 7:30. We pulled up to his house at 7:30 on the dot. He took us into his garage to show us the dresser. It was not that appealing. It was a rainbow of colors with crackly paint on the drawers. But, knowing that it was made of good wood, we knew we could make it look nice. As we were looking at the dresser, 2-3 more cars pulled up to look at the same dresser! We quickly made the decision to get it. What a steal for $25!! At a pure wood unfinished furniture store, you couldn't touch anything in the whole store with $25. We were excited about our purchase.
One night we finally got the courage to start sanding all the old paint off. That was quite a project! It took about 5 hours of sanding to get all that old paint off!
We were pretty excited to see it once all that "beautiful" paint was gone! We were again super happy about our bargain shopping!
We primed and painted the dresser white. We then painted the knobs chocolate brown to match his room. I am super happy with the way that it turned out!!
The other big project that we took on before we had Quaid was painting his room. We moved Avery into Paisley's room and made Avery's old room for Quaid. Avery's room had been a fairly bright yellow. I had the great idea to paint stripes after I had seen my brother and his wife do that for their baby room. I talked to my brother several times to get hints on the best way to tackle the stripes. Dave and I decided to do 3 different sizes of stripes with 4 different colors. By far the hardest part was taping off the stripes before we could paint. It was hard to make sure that all the lines were straight, etc. Dave jokes that we about got a divorce over the stripe project. That is of course an exaggeration, but we did have some tense moments! :)
We are so so so happy with the way that his room turned out. Check it out!
3 comments:
super cute!
I love the dresser! I didn't know you got it on craigslist. What a steal. By the way I feel your pain about the stripes. When we did them the first time it was a big deal but repainting them again was a bigger project. It's good you two made it out still together. It's super cute and he'll totally be able to grow up with the room.
Jaime! I haven't read blogs forever! His room is darling...and so is he!
Post a Comment