This is how we have felt since he has arrived:
Ha ha! It is true. But, we love this little guy to pieces. I am seriously in love with this precious baby. It definitely feels different to me knowing that he is my last baby. I have held onto and enjoyed each moment, or at least tried to. He is a very sweet and cuddly baby. He LOVES to be held! That is why I don't get a lot done that I need to. Or, when I am getting things done, he cries a lot!
Quaid is 7 1/2 weeks old. I can't believe how time has flown. Very sad to me. But, he is becoming more and more fun. He smiles a lot now. Big, open mouth smiles. The kind that take up his whole face! It melts my heart! He is also beginning to "talk" to us. He coos and it is the most beautiful sound!
The whole family is having so much fun with our new little addition. The other night at dinner I was making him "dance" and do funny things. The whole family was laughing until we all had tears in our eyes. He has the funniest facial expressions!
He is also starting to really see things that are around him. I had a stuffed animal held above his head tonight and he just loved looking at it and cooing and smiling at it. It is so fun to see him grow and develop. It is happening WAY too fast, but we are having so much fun at the same time.
Just a few more notes about Quaid right now: he only gets up once during the night. There are a lot of nights that he sleeps 6-7 hours straight. He sleeps in our bed, with me holding him all night. He still sleeps for the better part of the day. He will be awake for 1-2 hours before he will fall back to sleep. His size 0-3 clothes fit him perfectly. He has outgrown his newborn shoes. He is a mama's boy already. Sad, but true. He gets pretty fussy for Dave at times which is very frustrating to both of us.
Here are some fun pics from the last few weeks:
Pictures from his first bath in his tub. He loves his bath!
We took him to a Halloween party held in our friends' garage. We got him all bundled in his snow suit and he stayed super warm! (And very cute I may add!)
Quaid with his brother and sister who ADORE him! (Paisley does, too, I just don't have her picture!) :)
My sleeping cutie!
We tried out the Bumbo chair a few weeks ago, but he wasn't quite sturdy enough.
Just a couple cute pictures of the girls! The second one was funny to me. Avery wanted to sleep with Paisley and just snuggled her way in on the bottom.
Quaid wearing his "I Love Mummy" Halloween shirt.
Quaid on his 1 month birthday! :)
We recently had a friend take some newborn and family shots for us. I can't wait to see them and post them.
I am so grateful that Quaid came to our family. He really fits in perfect and completes the family. I can't imagine life without him!!
2 comments:
Jamie, he is SO handsome! I love the post. I didn't get to see him at his blessing so I'm glad I get to see these pictures. I'm glad you're enjoying your time with him. I agree, he fits perfectly into your family. He still looks like a sibling to the others but, I think he's starting to take on his own look. He's so darn sweet!
I love the pics, Jamie! It sounds like Quaid is a wonderful baby. He looked so handsome and precious in his tux on Sunday. We are excited to see him and the rest of the family in a few weeks!
Post a Comment