Friday, April 22, 2011

Easton's Birthday Party (and a few other things)

Clear back in February, we had a friend birthday party for Easton that was really fun.

We reserved the gym at the church and had a Nerf gun war! We bought a whole bunch of Nerf darts, set up a few tables and chairs for them to hide behind, and had each boy bring a Nerf gun. Then, we kind of just let them go at it. What more could a boy ask for??

Here are some pictures of the fun:








It really was a lot fun. We had them play a few rounds of Steal the Flag and then, just let them have an all out war.

Afterwards, we had cake and ice cream and Easton opened presents. Dave's mom made Easton an R2-D2 cake. It turned out awesome! (I hope I got the name of the character right. I am not really a Star Wars fan.)




Easton was completely spoiled! Thanks, everyone!




There were many great things from our perspective about this party:

1. It was cheap!
2. It was super fun!
3. It was at the church!! We weren't stuck in our small house with 14 boys! :)
4. It was easy to clean-up. (And, I didn't have to spend a lot of time cleaning before the party as well.)
5. The party ran itself, I mean, we didn't have to do much.

It was a success. One of the best friend parties we have thrown, in my opinion.



A few days later, it was my 32nd birthday. I don't have many pictures, but I did get breakfast made for me that morning! Dave HATES eggs, I mean HATES them. So, he has never cooked them. But, in honor of my birthday he cooked eggs for the very first time. And, he did a really good job of it.




The kids helped and fixed my plate (thus the 3 marachino cherries included on my breakfast plate.) It was awesome and MUCH appreciated!!



Just a couple more pictures that I wanted to include. A while back, Paisley had brought home a bunch of little cups from school to play with for the weekend. She spent a long time building a cup pyramid and this is what the final product was:





It took her quite a while, and many times it fell down. But she was persistent and finally made it. She was SO proud of herself!

No comments: