Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Day at the Lake!

I have several activities planned that are "musts" for the summer. We haven't done half of them yet! We have been super busy with 8 weeks of swimming lessons and other activities, but haven't gotten too many things checked off on our "must" list.

But, Friday we checked one off. We headed to a local lake with several friends. It was the perfect day for it. No clouds, a little bit of a breeze, and HOT HOT HOT!




It is the only "beach" experience that my kids have ever had. They love playing in the rocky sand and swimming in the water.





It was awesome.




Of course I love chatting with the girls the best. But, eventually we did move the chatting down to the water. It was too hot not to get in.





So fun.



Thanks girls.

4 comments:

Andrew and Steph said...

That looks like so much fun! I bet the kids loved swimming and being able to get dirty. I love the ones of Avery rolling around. That's so her. Maybe there will be sand in Tahoe and we can all do that too :) Ha ha can you imagine!

Dan n' Josie said...

Jamie, what lake is this??? I loved going to the lake when I was little and had no idea there was a close one to IF. This looks so fun!

Bowler Family said...

How fun!It was Hot Hot Hot on Friday! I wanted to bring the kids out, but wasn't to sure about bringing the new babe. Glad you all had a fun day!

Shari said...

So glad you guys had a great time! Wish we could have made it, next time for sure!