Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Testimonies


Just wanted to share an experience from Sunday, mostly as a journal entry for myself.

Paisley and Easton both got up and bore their testimonies in sacrament meeting. It was Paisley's first time, Easton's second or third time. They bore simple testimonies that are similar to other children's testimonies. Paisley, however, added, "I love Jesus and I know that Jesus loves me." It was very sweet. As I was sitting there I wondered if I should let them go up at this young age. I just wondered if it took time away from some of the adults that might want to share their testimonies. But, they both did it on their own and so I figured it was okay.

Then in Relief Society, they turned it over for testimonies for the last few minutes. One sister in our ward got up and said that she wasn't planning on baring her testimony but that she had been touched by a sweet little girl's testimony. She repeated what Paisley said about her love for our Savior. She said that she was glad that her parents had taught her that He loves her. Then she ended by saying that she also wanted Jesus to know that she loves Him.

That really taught me a lesson. Every one's testimonies are important, no matter how small or how simple. You just never know what will be said that will touch some one's heart or that may be something that they need to hear. I am thankful that my children felt the need to publicly express their love of the gospel and of the Savior. I am glad that my daughter was able to touch some one's heart with her sweet, simple testimony.

1 comment:

brandy said...

I would be so worried if Trenten got up there. You should hear his prayers. Thank you Jesus for games and Wii. You should be so proud. It the little ones that I think mean more than the big ones.