
It really doesn't seem like 4 years has passed since we had our 3rd little baby! I know I always say it, but time really does fly! But, yes, our baby is 4!

I have said that I understand how people always "baby their baby"! I mean, she is 4 now, and I still am guilty of babying her a little. I do treat her differently than I did Easton and Paisley when they were 4. They seemed much older at the time, but I had a younger child at that time, too, which makes a difference. She knows she is our baby and often takes advantage of that! :)
I just want to remember how Avery is right now:
Avery is very much a girly-girl! She loves princesses, dress-up, Barbies, Strawberry Shortcake, make-up, pretty clothes, beautiful hairstyles, tiaras, shoes, and playing house.
Avery LOVES stories. She will sit and be read to for as long as someone will read. She, of course, loves girly books. She can "read" Pinkalicious from memory, and can do most pages almost word for word.
Avery LOVES dolls! There literally isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't play with one of her MANY dolls. She is always wrapping them in blankets, rocking them, asking grandma (me) to babysit, feeding them, cooing to them, telling us to "shhh" when they are napping, and just being the best little mommy that any doll could ever hope for. She also LOVES real babies. They are SO much better than dolls. She is drawn to any baby that she sees. She oohs and aahs over them in books, on TV, and in stores. It is so cute. Her love is a little frustrating when she won't leave someone's real baby alone, but she always does it with a loving heart. She will someday be the best mom.
Avery loves her brother and sister. Nothing makes her happier than when Paisley gets home from school and will play with her. They love to play Polly Pockets together, or watch a girly movie together, or have Paisley read her a story. She loves to rough house with Easton, and he is really sweet to play with her and teach her new things. He often plays "school" with her and teaches her letters, numbers, and coloring. He then will always give me a report card so that I am aware of her progress!
Avery loves going to preschool. Right now she goes two days a week for 2 hours each day. She looks forward to each time she goes! She always is happy when I pick her up and very excited to tell me about what they have learned that day.
Avery loves to sing. Just lately she has really started being able to memorize and sing songs to us. I never get enough of her sweet voice. The other day as we left church I heard her singing "I Love to See the Temple" so sweetly. It made my day.
Avery is my buddy, one of my very best buddies. We have definitely had more alone time than I had with Easton and Paisley. I know that comes with being the baby in the family. But, we truly are friends. I would rather wait for her to get out of preschool to come to the store with me than go while she is at school. I sometimes feel a little lost without her since we are constantly together. She loves to be with me, I know. That makes me feel so good. The other day I left her with Dave for a minute while I ran something to Paisley at the school. When I got back, 5 minutes later, she said, "I missed you, mom!" :) I love my buddy.
I love my blond-haired, blue-eyed beauty. She is so sweet and kind. I love it when she tells me that I am the "best mom ever!" Of course that isn't true, but I am so glad to know that at least for now, she believes that! :) She is such a cuddly little sweetheart. We are so very very blessed to have this little ball of energy in our family. It would be so different without her.
Happy Birthday, baby!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Avery!!! We sure miss you guys!!!
She is so cute! Happy Birthday Avery!
Happy Birthday Avery!!
She is adorable Jamie! I love watching her in Primary because she is so darn funny and cute!
Happy birthday Avery!!! She is so cute, and we just love her!
Post a Comment