They searched the internet for ideas, cut it out, sanded and sanded (that was Easton's job), put several coats of paint, added decals for BYU (thanks soooo much, Hailey!), and then added a top coat. (Which, by the way, bubbled the paint for some reason and ruined the smooth surface. But, no worry, it still turned out nice.)
Here is the finished product:
They were really excited for the big race last night. I could tell Dave wasn't as confident about this year's creation as last year. Since Easton took 2nd on his first year, I think he really didn't want Easton to expect that again. So, he kept telling him that even if we don't win, he did such a good job and that's all that matters. And, talked about etiquette for both winning and losing. And, don't get mad if you you lose...etc.
But, he had a great night. It was a double elimination tournament. There were 15 cars. He won his first heat, lost his second (to his life long friend, Rece) and then won his third. So, at this point it was down to the final five. He won his next heat which took him into the final 3. He won the next one to guarantee him at least 2nd place. But, he then had to race Rece, who had already beat him and had not lost yet, for 1st place. And, it was close, but not fast enough. So, he took 2nd place! He was super happy with that. He said that he was glad for Rece and that it was okay to lose to his good friend. :)
We had a fun night. I loved seeing the smile on his face when he would win. Dave and I kept telling him that we were so proud of the way he won and lost. He had very good sportsmanship. Proud mom moment, for sure!
3 comments:
I'm so glad they are friends! It was a fun night. Thanks for letting Ryan come over to watch the game!
nice job. very cool car.
He did so good and his car was really nice. So tell Dave... I mean Easton that next year since he will be a Bear we will be expecting him to bring home First Place so we can proudly display his trophy at all of our den meetings.:)
Post a Comment